Menstrual Panties Pack
The Ecological Impact of Feminine Hygiene Products
Close to 20 billion sanitary napkins, tampons and applicators are dumped into North American landfills every year.
When wrapped in plastic bags, feminine hygiene waste can take centuries to biodegrade. The average woman uses over 11,000 tampons over her lifetime, leaving behind residue far beyond her lifespan.
This colossal waste burden, however, isn’t the only environmental impact of disposable feminine hygiene products. A year’s worth of a typical feminine hygiene product leaves a carbon footprint of 5.3 kg CO2 equivalents.
Over 50% of the world’s population menstruates, and yet conversations about feminine hygiene and the ecological impact of product choices woman make in the space weren’t spoken about. In fact, the taboo surrounding menstrual periods stunted the development of new products in the space with little to no innovations for over 80 years.
Ultimately, driven by profit motives, it seems unlikely the major companies would shift towards a reusable product line. Menstrual cups, reusable pads and menstrual panties are readily available but haven’t gained much traction so far.
Reasons to switch to reusable menstrual panties:
• Super Soft and Breathable
• They offer leak-proof protection
• They are more comfortable than a pad or tampon
• They are more fashion friendly and less “granny underwearish.”
• You will save a ton of money in the long run
• You can sit or ride in a car for long periods of time without worrying about leaking
• They don’t move around or bunch up like pads causing leakages.
• You can sleep all night knowing you won't’ ruin the sheets or have embarrassing leaks.
- Rise Type: High-Rise
- Panties Type: Briefs
- Material Composition: 85%Viscose,15% Cotton
- High-quality 3-layer water-absorbing and leak-proof cloth
- Super Soft and Breathable
- Package contains 3 pieces
- Soft Seamless Fiber
Washing Period Underwear
We recommend that you rinse them by hand first, and then throw them in the cold wash with the rest of your delicates!
*DO NOT* use fabric softener, bleach, or irons — they can hurt the leak-fighting technology. Finally, hang dry. (Pro-tip: You should treat the rest of your lingerie like this, too!)